• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 martin

martin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

I am currently trying Services Monitor, but am unable to determine the frequency with which it sends alerts. I can see that the task is set to recur every 10 minutes, but this is not the behavior I am experiencing. It sends an initial alert regarding services that are not running, but then no further notifications. What is the expected behavior? Does it only send further alerts if another service is stopped? This doesn't quite seem to be the case either because I receved one notification 12 hours later, but it had the same list of stopped services. Some documentation or an explanation would be useful so I can validate if the program is working as expected.

tia,
Martin

#2 Brian Stern

Brian Stern

Advanced Member

• Technical Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

I am currently trying Services Monitor, but am unable to determine the frequency with which it sends alerts. I can see that the task is set to recur every 10 minutes, but this is not the behavior I am experiencing. It sends an initial alert regarding services that are not running, but then no further notifications. What is the expected behavior? Does it only send further alerts if another service is stopped? This doesn't quite seem to be the case either because I receved one notification 12 hours later, but it had the same list of stopped services. Some documentation or an explanation would be useful so I can validate if the program is working as expected.

tia,
Martin

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your Forum post. Please find the answers to your questions in Q/A format below:

Question: It sends an initial alert regarding services that are not running, but then no further notifications. What is the expected behavior.

Answer: The NetWrix Services Monitor software monitors all windows services with a startup type set to Automatic. This task begins to work on a scheduled basis and repeats every 10 minutes. The software sends notification reports with reports on the failed services that were detected on the servers and performs
startup actions for these services. The report shows performed actions for services started successfully.

Question: Does it only send further alerts if another service is stopped?

Answer: The tool sends e-mail alerts when one or more services stops unexpectedly or fails to start.

Regarding your issue with the unexpected behavior of the software in which you received the same list of stopped services in the report, please try to run one of the failed services manually and make sure this service is started successfully:
-Run the services snap-in (Start > Run > Type Services.msc > Hit Enter.)
-Right click on the service and click Properties .
-Make sure the Startup Type is set to Automatic.
-Click the Start button.
-Perform the steps above for the other services.

Are you able to start these services manually?

I await your reply.

Sincerely,
Brian Stern

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users