Install Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sottiled

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

I am installing NetWrix Password Manager on a clean build Server 2012 R2 Std server and am hitting multiple issues.  The first error I encounter is:

Note: PkgMgr.exe has been deprecated. Please update your scripts to us DISM.exe to install, uninstall...

Operation failed with 0x8007000B

An attempt was made to load a program with incorrect format.

I click OK (only choice) and the install proceeds until I am asked for credentials and to set the website which I do.  I then get error:

Error occurred while enabling ASP extension on IIS Server.  Error code: -2146646015

Suspect the 2nd issue is related to the first as the first appears to be an ASP application configuration issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's running on a VM so I keep returning to the initial, clean snapshot and trying different options but with no luck.

#2 Seth Bartlett

Seth Bartlett

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

We typically see these errors when all of the perquisites are not installed. Please refer to page 9 of the administrator guide on the software requirements before installing Password Manager:

If you have double checked and believe you have them all installed, can you please attach a screenshot so we can verify.

#3 sottiled

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

Thanks, looks like .NET 4.5 wasn't working but getting 3.5 in seemed to clear the issue.  Install went successfully after that.  Thanks for the input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users