Jump to content


Photo

ALE Has broken? Failed to resolve SID..


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 robin.clayton

robin.clayton

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:05 AM

"ALE 4.1.417.0" ( I can't seem to get to the download for a later version)

 

Was working fine until the 29/1/18

 

now just gives lots of errors failed to resolve SID. the one DC in the control panel has a yellow triangle.

 

ALEService.exe Warning: 0 : [TID: 11, Time: 02/02/2018 10:00:49] ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: Failed to resolve sid by dc dc1.hiddendomain.net: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveToFullName(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainController)
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveOnAnyDC(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainFqdn)
ALEService.exe Warning: 0 : [TID: 11, Time: 02/02/2018 10:00:49] ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: Failed to resolve sid by dc dc2.hiddendomain.net: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveToFullName(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainController)
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveOnAnyDC(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainFqdn)
ALEService.exe Warning: 0 : [TID: 11, Time: 02/02/2018 10:00:49] ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: Failed to resolve sid by dc dc3.hiddendomain.net: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveToFullName(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainController)
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveOnAnyDC(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainFqdn)
ALEService.exe Warning: 0 : [TID: 11, Time: 02/02/2018 10:00:49] ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: Failed to resolve sid by dc dc4.hiddendomain.net: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveToFullName(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainController)
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveOnAnyDC(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainFqdn)
ALEService.exe Warning: 0 : [TID: 11, Time: 02/02/2018 10:00:49] CORE: Failed to translate sid: S-1-5-21-2946358324-2921680922-2994848550-39728:
System.Exception: Sid not resolved
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveOnAnyDC(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainFqdn)
   at ALService.Entities.ALInfos.ALObj.get_FullName()
ALEService.exe Warning: 0 : [TID: 3, Time: 02/02/2018 10:00:49] ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: Failed to resolve sid by dc dc1.hiddendomain.net: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveToFullName(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainController)
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveOnAnyDC(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainFqdn)
ALEService.exe Warning: 0 : [TID: 3, Time: 02/02/2018 10:00:49] ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: Failed to resolve sid by dc dc2.hiddendomain.net: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveToFullName(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainController)
   at ALService.Infrastructure.SidExtensions.ResolveOnAnyDC(SecurityIdentifier sid, String domainFqdn)
ALEService.exe Warning: 0 : [TID: 3, Time: 02/02/2018 10:00:49] ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: Failed to resolve sid by dc dc3.hiddendomain.net: System.

 

 

 

 

Any ideas?

 

Thanks

 

Rob



#2 robin.clayton

robin.clayton

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

Ahh, it is the latest version.

 

Hmm..



#3 AndreyK

AndreyK

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:02 PM

Hi Rob,

 

Looks like you've got an orphaned sid in the account list. This can happen when the account is locked and then deleted.

Please try deleting the corresponding account from the account list file (alinfo.xml) as mentioned in this article: https://www.netwrix.com/kb/1221

 

As an option you can delete the whole history, by stopping the ALE service, deleting the file alinfo.xml and then starting the service back.

 

Let us know if it helped.

 

Kind regards,

Andrey



#4 robin.clayton

robin.clayton

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:27 PM

Hi Andrey

 

After lots of digging I did stumble on the fix, Initially I renamed the alinfo.xml and the service started to work.

 

I then put it back, went and deleted all the "SID" entries in the console and restarted the service OK.

 

We now have a helpdesk task to clear out SID entries.

 

Thanks

 

Robin






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users