3 replies to this topic

#1 phame

phame

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to install Password Management to a different website in IIS rather then the "Default Web Site"? I want to create a website in IIS with a different port instead of the default port 80 and install PM.

I tried to install PM but it doesn't give any options to install on a different website\port.

Thanks,
Phame

#2 Tommy Garvin

Tommy Garvin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hello, Phame.

Yes, Password Manager can be installed on a non-default website. However, the installer itself isn't able to create it, it. The installer allows you only to choose from existing web-sites.

In order to install Password Manager to the separate web site, please go to IIS manager, manually create a new web-site, specify port and other settings as needed, and then install Password Manager.

Please note, that if Password Manger is already installed, you should uninstall it first. Otherwise, the update procedure will be held, and won't allow you to choose a web-site.

- Tommy

#3 Derek Tom

Derek Tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hi Tommy,

I am trying to get the freeware version (we have less than 30 users) of Password Manager 6.5.782 working on a 2008 R2 machine.

In IIS I created a new website (e.g. http://passwordmanager.localdomain.com) and made sure it was working by testing a simple static default.htm webpage.

I then ran the Password Manager installer but it did not prompt or allow me to choose from existing websites.

It simply tried to use the default website at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\admin but even for that there is an error:

Server Error in Application "DEFAULT WEB SITE"

Internet Information Services 7.5
Error Summary
HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Detailed Error Information
Module IIS Web Core
Notification MapRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070002
Requested URL http://localhost:80/admin
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\admin
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous
Most likely causes:

The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.
The URL contains a typographical error.
A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the file.

Things you can try:

Create the content on the Web server.
Review the browser URL.
Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Cheers,
Derek

Hello, Phame.

Yes, Password Manager can be installed on a non-default website. However, the installer itself isn't able to create it, it. The installer allows you only to choose from existing web-sites.

In order to install Password Manager to the separate web site, please go to IIS manager, manually create a new web-site, specify port and other settings as needed, and then install Password Manager.

Please note, that if Password Manger is already installed, you should uninstall it first. Otherwise, the update procedure will be held, and won't allow you to choose a web-site.

- Tommy

#4 Derek Tom

Derek Tom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

As an update, I uninstalled Password Manager and then reinstalled and this second time it did prompt for:
1. Service Account: Account Name and Password to run the NetWrix Password Manager
2. Web Portal Parameters: Web Site and Virtual Directory Name

So for the Web Site, I selected the "passwordmanager" site I had created and changed the Virtual Directory Name to "passwordmanager" (default was "pm").

Then when the NetWrix Password Manager Administrative Portal opened, it showed this error:

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Detailed Error Information
Module IIS Web Core
Notification MapRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x80070002
Requested URL http://localhost:80/...rdmanager/admin
Physical Path C:\inetpub\wwwroot\passwordmanager\admin
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

When I set up my "passwordmanager" site, I set the Physical Path of the site's root to: C:\websites\passwordmanager

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Derek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users