• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jyoung_invantas

jyoung_invantas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:44 AM

Recently upgraded from SBS to WIndows Server 2012 Essentials.  When I tried to reinstall password manager free edition on the new server, I get this error message that internet connection has failed.  Is this due to the end of support for Password Manager?

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

Password manager does not require an internet connection in a standard configuration as an intranet website so I am curious where exactly you get this.  To your other question this would be unrelated to any supportability of the paid version of the software (which is supported indefinitely as long as someone has purchased support).

-Jeff

#3 jyoung_invantas

jyoung_invantas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:14 AM

Finally figured it out. The last downloaded installer was the issue. Found an older prm_setup.exe saved earlier and that install completed with no warnings.

Jeff: We've been using free downloaded directly from Netwrix since 2009 when it was password changer The file that gave errors was the last update we installed on the old server in December 2014. The one that worked was downloaded and installed May 2013. They did behave differently. The older installer just ran. The other installer that failed had a registration screen before the error.

Thordab: SBS was 2003 32 bit . We migrated to 64 bit Essentials Server. Both are 20 user CALS with default website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users