Photo

Error when trying to install Netwrix (Windows 10)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 on3ofak1nd

on3ofak1nd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:48 PM

Hello,

I am getting an error when trying to install Netwrix Account lockout examiner on a fresh install of windows 10 education version.

After executing the setup file I get an error that reads; Cannot copy msi package: Access to the Path C:\Users\username$\AppData\Local\Temp\Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner\Installation\ale_setup_free.msi' is denied.

After I click ok on that error another dialog box appears which reads;

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not ifnish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

I am on a local admin account on the computer... I have also tried downloading the installer again from Netwrix.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes

#2 dsmirnov

dsmirnov

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:00 PM

Hello Wes,

This actually looks more like something is blocking the install, than the issue with the package.

Please try to put installer to the root of C: or D:. for example, and maybe disabling UAC.

Also as far as I know Account Lockout Examiner does not officially support Windows 10, meaning that it was not tested with this system,

#3 on3ofak1nd

on3ofak1nd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:52 PM

Hello dsmirnov,

Thank you for your reply.

I can not change the installation path because the error is thrown immediately after executing the msi.

I disabled UAC however still have the same results.

I understand it may not be supported however I have some colleagues that are using Netwrix on the same version of Windows 10 without incident. I'm not sure what is different in my situation.

=(

Hello Wes,

This actually looks more like something is blocking the install, than the issue with the package.

Please try to put installer to the root of C: or D:. for example, and maybe disabling UAC.

Also as far as I know Account Lockout Examiner does not officially support Windows 10, meaning that it was not tested with this system,

#4 on3ofak1nd

on3ofak1nd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:16 PM

So I had the thought that if it is an access issue to the specified folder in the error message then maybe there was an issue with the folder itself. Security permissions looked correct so I decided to deleted the folder located at C:\Users\username$\AppData\Local\Temp\Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner

Tried the install again... and it worked flawlessly.

Issue resolved, thanks again for your comments.

#5 Sopium

Sopium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:49 AM

So I had the thought that if it is an access issue to the https://www.grossete...-review-results specified Bathmate X50 folder in the error message then maybe there was an issue with the folder itself. Security permissions looked correct so I decided to deleted the folder located at C:\Users\username$\AppData\Local\Temp\Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner

Tried the install again... and it worked flawlessly.

Issue resolved, thanks again for your comments.

Nice one, is it ok to delete that folder though? Will it cause any issues in the future if I remove it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users