• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WinskiTech711

WinskiTech711

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

I was tasked with recording how my users move through our file server (Server 2008) in an effort to see who accesses what with the hope of re-organizing said file server to make it more efficient. I thought the File Server portion of Auditor would help me out.

I have the File Server portion up and running, but I have a few questions. My task was track users through the File Server. When I'm setting object level auditing for my Windows share folder, I see the option (after getting into Advanced permissions) for "Traverse folder / execute file". From what I've seen in Auditor though, there's no way to pull up this information. For example, if only wanted to see what folders a specific user accessed, how would I do that in Auditor?

If Auditor doesn't record that information, I might be able to get it another way. I'm thinking on a report, in the "UNC path" field if I could add a wildcard character in I could filter on a specific parent folder add the wildcard character then the report would spit out a list of changes on that folder and every file and folder inside of that parent. For example, if I wanted to see list of everyone who changed a file or folder inside of my "Public" folder I could put "\\public\*" in the UNC path and get changes just related to that folder and everything inside of it. Does anyone know if this is possible?

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:36 PM

Hello,

Some of the things you are talking about like SQL Reports and filtering are only available in the paid version or the trial so I assume either you have paid already or you are currently trialing the enterprise version. In which case you are welcome to create a support case on our Customer Portal or call our support line. Let me know!

-Jeff

#3 WinskiTech711

WinskiTech711

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:10 PM

Jeff, thank you very much. I called support and they answered all of my questions even though I'm only using the trial version. Great first experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users