Photo

Changing/Selecting/Specifying Domain Controller to poll AD from.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NerranZalanger

NerranZalanger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:02 PM

Good Afternoon All!

I have a bit of an issue in evaluating the Active Directory Change Notifier.  So far, I really like what I see, but the issue I have is it seems to only be polling the info from a RODC at our site with the worst connection.

We have two DC's located on the same subnet (same Server Rack) as the server ADCN is running on, but instead it seems to really only want to poll from a RODC connected via a 2xT1 line.

Reason this is an issue is (other than being not optimal), but every 60 minutes, it uses a majority of the egress bandwidth from that site for about 4 minutes.

Is there a way to force or somehow change it to poll from one of the two local Domain Controllers?

Thank you for any assistance!

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:33 PM

Hello,

Dirsync is performed against the most available domain controller received from AD however you can force which domain controller is used by modifying the following file:

C:\ProgramData\Netwrix Auditor\AD Change Reporter\Omitlists\(domainname.com)\dirsycndclist.txt

This path is for the paid version of Netwrix Auditor but should be very similar for the freeware version of AD Change Notifier.  Dirsync is the function used to grab changes.

-Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users