3 replies to this topic

#1 bennyhedge

bennyhedge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

HI,

i've installed free Password Change for Active Directory, which works brillantly (first time!).

however, i recieve the following error when a user tries to change a current password:

Error getting domain password policy: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA

if a username does use the correct complexity rule (say 8 characters), the password is changed successfully. the error only occurs if a user doesnt comply with complexity requirement (no info as to what complexity is needed is displayed).

i did a search on the forum, and it seems this bug may have fixed by an updated version? i wasnt sure where to down this for the free version.

currently using: NetWrix Web-based Password Changer 1.6.166 Free Version

I've checked and ASP authentication is allowed.

many thanks

#2 Brian Stern

Brian Stern

Advanced Member

• Technical Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

HI,

i've installed free Password Change for Active Directory, which works brillantly (first time!).

however, i recieve the following error when a user tries to change a current password:

Error getting domain password policy: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA

if a username does use the correct complexity rule (say 8 characters), the password is changed successfully. the error only occurs if a user doesnt comply with complexity requirement (no info as to what complexity is needed is displayed).

i did a search on the forum, and it seems this bug may have fixed by an updated version? i wasnt sure where to down this for the free version.

currently using: NetWrix Web-based Password Changer 1.6.166 Free Version

I've checked and ASP authentication is allowed.

many thanks

Dear bennyhedge,

Thank you for your Forum post.

Web Based Password Changer versoin 1.7.203 will resolve your issue. This version can be downloaded and installed with the following link:

http://www.netwrix.c...cfree_setup.msi

If Web Based Password Changer version 1.7.203 does not resolve this issue, please send me the following information:

- Screen-shot of the received error
- The entire contents of the Tracing subfolder that can be found in the bin subdirectory of the program installation folder:
( by default C:\Program Files\NetWrix\Web-based Password Changer\Bin\Tracing)

Please put the file(s) requested in a folder, then zip/archive the folder and
upload it with the following link:

http://www.netwrix.com/upload

Please reference the forum topic number in the subject line.

Let me know if the new version installs successfully and fixes this issue or if further investigation is needed. I await your reply.

Sincerely,
Brian Stern

#3 bennyhedge

bennyhedge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

Dear bennyhedge,

Thank you for your Forum post.

Web Based Password Changer versoin 1.7.203 will resolve your issue. This version can be downloaded and installed with the following link:

http://www.netwrix.c...cfull_setup.msi

If Web Based Password Changer version 1.7.203 does not resolve this issue, please send me the following information:

- Screen-shot of the received error
- The entire contents of the Tracing subfolder that can be found in the bin subdirectory of the program installation folder:
( by default C:\Program Files\NetWrix\Web-based Password Changer\Bin\Tracing)

Please put the file(s) requested in a folder, then zip/archive the folder and
upload it with the following link:

Please reference the forum topic number in the subject line.

Let me know if the new version installs successfully and fixes this issue or if further investigation is needed. I await your reply.

Sincerely,
Brian Stern

Many thanks for that. when i try and install the updated version, i recieve the error:

"A critical error occured during SSL connection. Installation cannot continue. Error details: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative number and less than the size of the collection. parameter name: index."

i tried removing the SSL certificate requirement, but made no difference.

many thanks

#4 Brian Stern

Brian Stern

Advanced Member

• Technical Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

Many thanks for that. when i try and install the updated version, i recieve the error:

"A critical error occured during SSL connection. Installation cannot continue. Error details: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative number and less than the size of the collection. parameter name: index."

i tried removing the SSL certificate requirement, but made no difference.

many thanks

Dear bennyhedge,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

In order to help diagnose this issue which occurred during the reinstallation of the program, I am going to need
the Windows installer log files. This logging is designed to help assist in troubleshooting issues with installing software packages and
can be enabled with the following steps:

1. Download the program installation file with the the link above and copy the wbpcfree_setup.msi file to the root of drive C
2. Run the Command Prompt by going to Start | Programs| Accessories | Command prompt
3. Navigate to drive C and Type: msiexec /i wbpcfree_setup.msi /l log.txt

This command creates the diagnostic log file in the root of drive C.
4. Send me the created Windows installer log file .
5. Please take a screen shot of the received error and send it to us for further investigation.

Note: We have not faced this problem before and appreciate your cooperation in regards to this matter.

Please zip/archive the files/screenshots and upload them with the following link:

Please reference Forum post 850 in the subject line. I will be notified when they are successfully uploaded. I await your reply.

Sincerely,
Brian Stern

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users