• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RGiovanninetti

RGiovanninetti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

I installed the free edition of P.E.N. on my laptop, that has a screen of 1024x768.
There are some lines and a couple of buttons that overlap.
I would like to send a screen-shot, but I do not see a way to attach a file.
I did not even find a way to write this message, I had to open another topic and then I chose the button start a new topic.
Anyway, I will try to describe what I see.
The second time that there is the line that says "Notify users by email if their account expires:", that line and its button "Customize" are over the immediately following line that says "Notify users by text messages:" and its "Configure" button.
How can I start a new topic?
How can I send You the screen-shot?
How can I attach a file?
Also, I installed P.E.M. on a domain pc with Windows 8.1, I configured it, but when I run it again I do not see my configuration. How can I open the previous configuration if I want to change it?

Thank You and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

Rodolfo,

This issue with screen resolution is a known issue with the freeware version. I have this same issue when at low resolutions so no need to send a screenshot.

In regards to starting a new topic I know it is not intuitive but you did it exactly how you are supposed to! :)

"Also, I installed P.E.M. on a domain pc with Windows 8.1, I configured it, but when I run it again I do not see my configuration. How can I open the previous configuration if I want to change it?"

I'm sorry but I'm not sure which product PEM is?

-Jeff

#3 RGiovanninetti

RGiovanninetti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

I'm sorry but I'm not sure which product PEM is?

-Jeff

My mistake, I meant again P.E.N., Password Expiration Notifier.
I tried to change settings on a Windows 8.1 pc, and sometimes it seems to keep changes, sometimes it seems to forget everything.
I see that the configuration file is inside "C:\ProgramData\NetWrix\Password Expiration Notifier" and this file is named something like "domain%local". Its content seems to be ok, but when I run P.E.N. sometimes it shows default settings. So I am not able to reproduce this error in a constant way, but I can confirm that this error exists.
The only error that I have been able to reproduce is this. I change the field "Display this From address in notifications", but it ignores this field.

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

#4 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

Rodolfo,

So if you open the GUI sometimes it shows default settings but if you close it again and re-open it will continue to use the profile XML you mentioned. Is that accurate (I can't reproduce either). It should use this file every single time but I will make note of this.

In regards to the from field for emails. When you say it ignores this, what email address does it actually use to send the emails? A previously entered one?

-Jeff

#5 RGiovanninetti

RGiovanninetti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

Rodolfo,

So if you open the GUI sometimes it shows default settings but if you close it again and re-open it will continue to use the profile XML you mentioned. Is that accurate (I can't reproduce either). It should use this file every single time but I will make note of this.

In regards to the from field for emails. When you say it ignores this, what email address does it actually use to send the emails? A previously entered one?

-Jeff

1) Yes, I have not been able to test it in a complete way, but for example I have just run the software and the configuration seems to be ok.
2) In the field "From address:" I specified something like "services@domain.local", and in the field "Display this From address in notification:" I specified something like "lockout@domain.local". I expected to see lockout, instead I see services.
But, I am sorry, but I have been given other jobs, so I do not know if/when I will be able to do other tests, so on my part this issue is closed, at least for now.

Thank You again and regards

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

#6 Guest_GeorgeBigue_*

Guest_GeorgeBigue_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:41 PM

Looks really nice Dan So did you decide to forgo the built-in winch or will that be a future project?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users