• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 david.odendahl@tiffany.com

david.odendahl@tiffany.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:39 PM

On one of my DCs I get the following error every day.  Yet I check the configuration guide and everything is set correctly.

Failed to process DC due to the following error: .Event collection failed: Event log read failure. Error details: The security ID structure is invalid.. Error number: 0x80070539

Thanks,

David

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

David,

This means that the security event log on the DC either has a corrupt event or is corrupt as a whole.  Sometimes this can be fixed simply by clearing the event log.  Sometimes it requires a reboot.  Third and certainly the last thing to try is to recreate the security event log by setting the Windows Event Log service to disabled and manual start, reboot the DC, rename the security event log, set the service back to automatic start, reboot again and allow it to create a new security event log.

-Jeff

#3 david.odendahl@tiffany.com

david.odendahl@tiffany.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

Jeff,

Thanks for the time to respond and suggestions.  I have attempted all three you provided and still am getting that error.  It seems to be only the one domain controller out of the 19 in the environment.  Any other suggestions?

#4 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

David,

This is the only known solution to a corrupt security event log we have ever seen.  If you research this error online you can see how common it is and the various solutions.

-Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users