• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sbhnet

sbhnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

We've been rocking along for some time now with no problems. Currently running 3.3.247. Since last week, we've stopped receiving the admin emails, and I'm concerned that users may not be receiving emails either. I've gone into the setup and was able to send a test email out and that works fine. I'm stumped as this has been a very stable/no problems application and now it seems to be folding it's arms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

We've been rocking along for some time now with no problems. Currently running 3.3.247. Since last week, we've stopped receiving the admin emails, and I'm concerned that users may not be receiving emails either. I've gone into the setup and was able to send a test email out and that works fine. I'm stumped as this has been a very stable/no problems application and now it seems to be folding it's arms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sbhnet,

I would go into the install directory and take a look at the pen.txt file in the tracing folder and see if there have been any errors during recent runs that may be related to email notifications. Also, verifying if users are receiving the emails is probably a good step towards isolation. Even if it is just a test user that you create so that you can monitor the notification email personally.

#3 sbhnet

sbhnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Sbhnet,

I would go into the install directory and take a look at the pen.txt file in the tracing folder and see if there have been any errors during recent runs that may be related to email notifications. Also, verifying if users are receiving the emails is probably a good step towards isolation. Even if it is just a test user that you create so that you can monitor the notification email personally.

I don't see anything that looks like an error message. Everything looks the same as during weeks everything worked. I did see a user had been added to the list indicating a password was about to expire; she says she has not received any emails from the system. The last time the log was updated was day before yesterday. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

#4 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

I don't see anything that looks like an error message. Everything looks the same as during weeks everything worked. I did see a user had been added to the list indicating a password was about to expire; she says she has not received any emails from the system. The last time the log was updated was day before yesterday. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

If the log isn't being written to then the Windows scheduled task is probably stuck or not running. Check the Windows Scheduled task called Netwrix Management Console - Password Expiration Notifier - NameofManagedObject and take a look at it's history which should give you some insight. You can also run it manually from here to see if you receive any emails.

#5 sbhnet

sbhnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

If the log isn't being written to then the Windows scheduled task is probably stuck or not running. Check the Windows Scheduled task called Netwrix Management Console - Password Expiration Notifier - NameofManagedObject and take a look at it's history which should give you some insight. You can also run it manually from here to see if you receive any emails.

Ah ha! I checked and somehow my creds got stuck on the scheduler (yes, I think I *do* know how that happened). I've changed it back to the account it was supposed to be using, and hopefully I'll have emails in the morning waiting for me! I'll update this topic either way. Thanks for your help Jeff!

#6 sbhnet

sbhnet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

Yay! Kudos to Jeff, who led me to the Scheduler which had the wrong credentials on it. Everything is working great again! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users