2 replies to this topic

#1 ryan.wilson

ryan.wilson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:51 PM

Hello,

I am using the freeware version of Password Expiration Notifier. It's a great program, but we're having some trouble with the way the emails our users receive show up. 

If I enter example@example.com as the From address, the email will show up with that address as seen in the attached file "howitlooks". 

Obviously this looks illegitimate, and we've had some calls from users as a result. 

If I configure the program with "Example" <example@example.com> in the From address (see "fromaddress" attached), the email shows up perfectly. See "howitshouldlook" attachment. 

The problem is, when I go to save the "Example" <example.example.com> address in the From field in Netwrix, it throws up an error! This despite the fact that hitting 'verify' successfully sends an email to that address.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a limitation of the program? The screenshot at:

http://www.netwrix.c...n_notifier.html

Shows an email from "IT Helpdesk", so it certainly seems like this should be possible if I configure it right.

Thanks for the help!

Attached Files

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:40 PM

Ryan,

Yeah unfortunately it is a bug that hasn't been fixed yet.  This issue is in the paid version to.  I have attempted to enter the email address as you are trying to in the configuration files and I can get it to work as long as I don't open the GUI.  If you want to try it you can modify the config file found at C:\ProgramData\NetWrix\Password Expiration Notifier.  If you open the XML you will find a line StrAlterFrom and can place the following text in that tag.  Below is an example from using your example.  Now if you open the GUI it will revert back to what you had before.

StrAlterFrom>"Example" &lt;example@example.com&gt;</StrAlterFrom>

-Jeff

#3 ryan.wilson

ryan.wilson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

Jeff,

I couldn't get it to work with the <StrAlterFrom> line, but editing the <SmtpUserFrom> line has given us the desired result.

Thanks!

Ryan Wilson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users