• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kalhud

kalhud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:39 PM

During install we receive the following error: "Service 'Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner' (ALService) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

We researched the issue, and found the following page: https://www.netwrix.com/kb/1305

We tried everything listed but the problem was still occurring. The service account used during setup is a domain admin, I have tried using my personal domain admin account to see if that helped, nothing in group policy seems to be restricting the user or the pc, I tried making all users local admins as well as domain admins, tried disabling UAC. I was hoping someone here could give me some ideas on what else to try.

Thank You

Attached Files

#2 Kirill K

Kirill K

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:38 AM

Hi there,

Run the command prompt with elevated rights on the host where you are trying to install 'Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner' and execute:

msinfo32 /nfo c:\sysinf.nfo

Then attach sysinf.nfo.

Best regards,
Forum Engineer

#3 kalhud

kalhud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:49 PM

Hi there,

Run the command prompt with elevated rights on the host where you are trying to install 'Netwrix Account Lockout Examiner' and execute:

msinfo32 /nfo c:\sysinf.nfo

Then attach sysinf.nfo.

Is there anyway I can personally message you this information? There's a lot of information in that report and I would feel more comfortable sending that info privately instead of posting publicly on this thread.

#4 Kirill K

Kirill K

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:53 AM

You can use dropbox or any other service like that to share the file with me.

Best regards,
Forum Engineer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users