3 replies to this topic

#1 cemkur

cemkur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:48 PM

Wen I lunched the application for the first time I got following error

Access to path c:\program files\netwrix\bulk password rest\bpr.exe.log is denied.

There is much more in the screen which I cannot type here but I can upload the screen shot if there is way to do it on this forum (only way is to insert a picture is if it is on the internet)

any advice?

#2 Brian Stern

Brian Stern

Advanced Member

• Technical Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (cemkur @ May 9 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wen I lunched the application for the first time I got following error

Access to path c:\program files\netwrix\bulk password rest\bpr.exe.log is denied.

There is much more in the screen which I cannot type here but I can upload the screen shot if there is way to do it on this forum (only way is to insert a picture is if it is on the internet)

any advice?

Dear cemkur,

Thank you for your post.

Your current user account doesn’t have access rights to the installation folder to create BPR.exe.log. When you have a chance, try using a different account and password to process the bulk password reset. It sounds as though this error is the result of an account that does not have sufficient rights/privileges to perform the operation. I hope I have been of some assistance. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Brian Stern

#3 cemkur

cemkur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Brian Stern @ May 10 2009, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear cemkur,

Thank you for your post.

Your current user account doesn’t have access rights to the installation folder to create BPR.exe.log. When you have a chance, try using a different account and password to process the bulk password reset. It sounds as though this error is the result of an account that does not have sufficient rights/privileges to perform the operation. I hope I have been of some assistance. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,
Brian Stern

I wish that was the reason but the current user account is the Administrator and I have double checked it has full rights on the whole folder structure as well as the Owner.
By the way such log file doesn't even exist
Any other possible reason?

#4 Bryan

Bryan

NetWrix Support

• Technical Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:48 PM

Ok, try to create this log file manually and grant write rights to this file. Will it work?
Best regards,
Bryan Rodgers
NetWrix Corporation
Simplified AD auditing and compliance: NetWrix Active Directory Change Reporter - try it today. Now with Group Policy auditing !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users