• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BigDaddyKarl

BigDaddyKarl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

I am a student at Lake Washington Technical College in Seattle, Washington. I am doing an assignment/demonstrating using Freeware and how this would benefit a Network Administrator to make their daily job easier .

I chose your NetWrix Bulk Password Reset to demonstrae for the class.

I am working with a 2008 Server and have trust relationships with 2 other 2008 servers and 1 local machine which is running Windows7.

I've already downloaded the Bulk Password Utility. I would like to know if the passwords only work on work station and server machines (Local Machines in the network) or can you use password reset on specific users on a machine or server?

I watched the demo and I wonder if user profile passwards will work on this utility too!! I'm still a little confused.

Can you help me!!!!

#2 Brian Stern

Brian Stern

Advanced Member

• Technical Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:01 PM

I am a student at Lake Washington Technical College in Seattle, Washington. I am doing an assignment/demonstrating using Freeware and how this would benefit a Network Administrator to make their daily job easier .

I chose your NetWrix Bulk Password Reset to demonstrae for the class.

I am working with a 2008 Server and have trust relationships with 2 other 2008 servers and 1 local machine which is running Windows7.

I've already downloaded the Bulk Password Utility. I would like to know if the passwords only work on work station and server machines (Local Machines in the network) or can you use password reset on specific users on a machine or server?

I watched the demo and I wonder if user profile passwards will work on this utility too!! I'm still a little confused.

Can you help me!!!!

Dear BigDaddyKarl,

Thank you for your Forum post.

The Bulk Password Reset resets passwords only to specific local user accounts and does not work with computer accounts.

Sincerely,
Brian Stern

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users