• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Karl C

Karl C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:18 AM

I just installed the latest version (first time). I have it set to run with the credentials of a newly-created user that is in the Domain Admins group (as recommended). When i try to change a user's password, I get this error:

The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements
Error getting domain password policy: Access denied

What access does it need to be able to retrieve the password policy? This is an OOB domain setup, so the default AD password policy is in place (complexity requirements, must change every 42 days, etc.)

Thanks,
Karl

#2 Brian Stern

Brian Stern

Advanced Member

• Technical Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

I just installed the latest version (first time). I have it set to run with the credentials of a newly-created user that is in the Domain Admins group (as recommended). When i try to change a user's password, I get this error:

The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements
Error getting domain password policy: Access denied

What access does it need to be able to retrieve the password policy? This is an OOB domain setup, so the default AD password policy is in place (complexity requirements, must change every 42 days, etc.)

Thanks,
Karl

Dear Karl,

Thank you for your Forum post.

Web Based Password Changer version1.7.203 will resolve your issue. This version can be downloaded with the following link:

http://www.netwrix.c...cfull_setup.msi

If Web Based Password Changer version 1.7.203 does not resolve this issue, please send me the following information:

- Screen-shot of the received error
- The entire contents of the Tracing sub-directory that can be found in the bin sub-folder of the program installation directory
(by default C:\Program Files\NetWrix\Web-based Password Changer\Bin\Tracing)

Also, do you get this error just for specific users (who try to change the password )? Or for all users?
Please put the file(s) requested in a folder, then zip/archive the folder and
upload it with the following link:

http://www.netwrix.com/upload

Please reference the forum topic number in the subject line.

Let me know if the new version of the product installs successfuly and fixes this issue or if further investigation is needed. I await your reply.

Sincerely,
Brian Stern

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users