3 replies to this topic

#1 tanjk

tanjk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

Hi,

I wanted to uninstall the Free Web Based Password Change utility. However, I get an error "Failed to read IIsWebs table ( -2147023728 )" and I couldn't proceed further. How can I fix this?

#2 Brian Stern

Brian Stern

Advanced Member

• Technical Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

Hi,

I wanted to uninstall the Free Web Based Password Change utility. However, I get an error "Failed to read IIsWebs table ( -2147023728 )" and I couldn't proceed further. How can I fix this?

Dear tanjk,

Thank you for your Forum post.

Please uninstall the Web Based Password Changer manually with the following steps:

1. Delete the software installation folder.
2. Delete the IIS Virtual directory
3. Launch the Microsoft Installer Clean-up Utility and remove the Web Based Password Changer from the list of installed programs. The Clean-up Utility can be downloaded with the following link:

https://rcpt.yousend...93348189419da17

I hope I have been of some assistance. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Brian Stern
Technical Support Engineer

#3 tanjk

tanjk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:50 AM

Hi,

When I run the clean up utility, I got an error "error launching msizap.exe : 2". :/

#4 Brian Stern

Brian Stern

Advanced Member

• Technical Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Hi,

When I run the clean up utility, I got an error "error launching msizap.exe : 2". :/

Dear tanjk,

Thank you for your Forum post.

In order to resolve this issue, please send me a screenshot of the received error. You can upload the screenshot with the following link:

http://www.netwrix.com/upload

Please reference Forum post 861 in the subject line. I will be notified it is successfully uploaded.

Also, were you able to successfully extract the msicuu.exe file before running the Clean-up Utility?

I await your reply.

Sincerely,
Brian Stern
Technical Support Engineer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users