• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jbsherry

jbsherry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

New install went smoothly. The Default website uses DefaultAppPool, so I gave IIS AppPool\DefaultAppPool Read privileges on Web_SS. I get error 401.2 when I try to access the Administrative Portal and Help-Desk Portal. If I try to access the Self-Service portal, I get "An error occurred on the server when processing the URL." and the link seems to indicate an ASP error. I've got ISAPI ASP.net, ASP, Windows Authentication, etc. This is on a member service with IIS 7 running on Windows 2008 Standard.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-jb

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

jbsherry,

The errors in the admin portal and help desk portal point to permissions as the likely cause. Ensure that the password manager service account is a local admin on that server.

For the error in the self service portal I would recommend turning on the option to send IIS errors to the browser as the error is too generic by itself.

-Jeff

#3 jbsherry

jbsherry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

jbsherry,

The errors in the admin portal and help desk portal point to permissions as the likely cause. Ensure that the password manager service account is a local admin on that server.

For the error in the self service portal I would recommend turning on the option to send IIS errors to the browser as the error is too generic by itself.

-Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. I made the service account a local admin but no change there. On the self-service portal, I made the change and am getting:

error '80004005'

/PM/tools.asp, line 13

Hopefully that will help narrow down the config issue.

THanks so much for your help,
-jb

#4 jbsherry

jbsherry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Thanks, Jeff. I made the service account a local admin but no change there. On the self-service portal, I made the change and am getting:

error '80004005'

/PM/tools.asp, line 13

Hopefully that will help narrow down the config issue.

THanks so much for your help,
-jb

I solved the problem for the helpdesk and self-service portal by changing my website to an appool with a Classic instead of Integrated pipeline mode. Still working on getting the Administrative portal to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users