• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikepagan

mikepagan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

I have tried using this tool on a Windows 2003 domain against a Windows XP SP3 computer and I always get the following error. I saw that you do not define the domain name or computer name when specifying the Administrator account, but I never got this to work. I did find that if I didn't specify any credentials at all then it would would. Is this just how it works or am I doing something incorrectly?

Error when defining the administrator account when running the utility from a DC:
Reseting password for account "Administrator"
\\COMPUTER: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
Operation completed.
You can select Reprocess from the main menu to process computers that have the "Failed" status

-Mike

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

I have tried using this tool on a Windows 2003 domain against a Windows XP SP3 computer and I always get the following error. I saw that you do not define the domain name or computer name when specifying the Administrator account, but I never got this to work. I did find that if I didn't specify any credentials at all then it would would. Is this just how it works or am I doing something incorrectly?

Error when defining the administrator account when running the utility from a DC:
Reseting password for account "Administrator"
\\COMPUTER: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
Operation completed.
You can select Reprocess from the main menu to process computers that have the "Failed" status

-Mike

Mike,

Sorry it took me a couple days to respond. I have been trying to find someone who was around before this product became freeware however I got this working in my lab and I see the same results you are seeing. The only way I am able to change the password of a remote machine is if i don't specify credentials. If I had to guess I would say there was something wrong with this and before it was fixed it became freeware. I am only speculating of course. If I hear anything else I will update the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users