12 replies to this topic

#1 Sebastien

Sebastien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

Hello all,

I'm trying ADCR and GPCR, and especially the restore side. All is ok regarding ADCR, but I'am not able to locate file with .gpcr on the server when I try to restore Groupe Policy from snapshot. I read this doc but without succes : http://www.netwrix.c...cy_Settings.pdf

Could you help me please? Perhaps I miss something during configuration...

Regards,

Sébastien

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Sebastien,

First confirm you are getting change summary emails from Netwrix Auditor Group Policy and that the collections have no errors. If this is the case please tell me what path you are looking for the .gpcr files in? What does that folder contain?

Thanks,
Jeff B

#3 Sebastien

Sebastien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

Sebastien,

First confirm you are getting change summary emails from Netwrix Auditor Group Policy and that the collections have no errors. If this is the case please tell me what path you are looking for the .gpcr files in? What does that folder contain?

Thanks,
Jeff B

Hello Jeff,

Yes, I'm getting change summary emails without error. I'm browing these folders :
C:\ProgramData\NetWrix\Management Console\Advanced Reporting\Subscription\<MyDomain>\Group Policy Change Reporter ==> Empty
C:\ProgramData\NetWrix\AD Change Reporter\Data\<MyDomain> ==> No .gpcr file
C:\Program Files (x86)\NetWrix\AD Change Reporter Full Version\* ==> No .gpcr file

I performed a search on the server where GPCR is installed but no .gpcr exist...

Regards,

Sébastien

#4 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

Sebastien,

The location will be different for all customers. It will be located in the audit archive folder for AD Change Reporter. To check where yours is located you can open the Management Console and go to Settings -> Audit Archive on the left hand side.

#5 Sebastien

Sebastien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Sebastien,

The location will be different for all customers. It will be located in the audit archive folder for AD Change Reporter. To check where yours is located you can open the Management Console and go to Settings -> Audit Archive on the left hand side.

Jeff,

I find the right folder but no file with .gpcr extention exist...
I can upload my folder if it can help you.

Regards,

Sébastien

#6 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

Sebastien,

Upon further investigation the free version (I assume since you are coming to the forums this is what you have) doesn't create GPCR files and thus does now allow GPO restores. Please confirm.

#7 Sebastien

Sebastien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

Sebastien,

Upon further investigation the free version (I assume since you are coming to the forums this is what you have) doesn't create GPCR files and thus does now allow GPO restores. Please confirm.

Hello Jeff,

I downloaded Netwrix_Auditor_Enterprise_Edition lastest version and I put my licence key (500 users) in order to test the GPO retore option.

Sébastien

#8 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hello Jeff,

I downloaded Netwrix_Auditor_Enterprise_Edition lastest version and I put my licence key (500 users) in order to test the GPO retore option.

Sébastien

Sebastien,

Are you saying you were already using the Enterprise version or you just now installed it and will be testing moving forward?

#9 Sebastien

Sebastien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Sebastien,

Are you saying you were already using the Enterprise version or you just now installed it and will be testing moving forward?

Jeff,

I already use the Entreprise version. I re-install an other instance on test server connected to a test domain. This in order to test GP restoration process.

#10 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

Sebastien,

In that case if you have support you can create a support ticket (and reference this forum thread) and we can do a remote session if necessary. If you don't then we can continue like this. I will need you to zip up the contents of the tracing folder found in the AD Change Reporter installation directory as well as (in the same place) navigate into the GPOExec folder and also zip up that tracing folder and upload both to www.netwrix.com/upload and put ForumThreadGPCRHowToRestore_JB in the subject and I will take a look at it in the next couple days or so and see if there is anything useful that would help us understand why no GPCR files are being created.

Just to confirm you ARE getting change summary emails for GP Change Reporter currently? Please do not confuse this with the AD or Exchange Change Reporter summary emails as they are different.

#11 Sebastien

Sebastien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

Sebastien,

In that case if you have support you can create a support ticket (and reference this forum thread) and we can do a remote session if necessary. If you don't then we can continue like this. I will need you to zip up the contents of the tracing folder found in the AD Change Reporter installation directory as well as (in the same place) navigate into the GPOExec folder and also zip up that tracing folder and upload both to www.netwrix.com/upload and put ForumThreadGPCRHowToRestore_JB in the subject and I will take a look at it in the next couple days or so and see if there is anything useful that would help us understand why no GPCR files are being created.

Just to confirm you ARE getting change summary emails for GP Change Reporter currently? Please do not confuse this with the AD or Exchange Change Reporter summary emails as they are different.

Jeff,

I confirm we'll have support until 12/5/2013. I confirm also that I receive change summary emails for GPCR every day whitout error. Hereafter an example:

[Change analysis for domain <MY_DOMAIN> completed successfully.

No changes were detected in your Group Policy objects.]

I uploaded needed folders through www.netwrix.com/upload

Sébastien

#12 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

Jeff,

I confirm we'll have support until 12/5/2013. I confirm also that I receive change summary emails for GPCR every day whitout error. Hereafter an example:

[Change analysis for domain <MY_DOMAIN> completed successfully.

No changes were detected in your Group Policy objects.]

I uploaded needed folders through www.netwrix.com/upload

Sébastien

Sebastien,

If you have support please open a support ticket by sending an email to techsupport AT netwrix DOT com and let me know your case number on here and I will be sure to fill the support engineer who has your case in on the details. Thanks for uploading the logs.

#13 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Sebastien,

If you have support please open a support ticket by sending an email to techsupport AT netwrix DOT com and let me know your case number on here and I will be sure to fill the support engineer who has your case in on the details. Thanks for uploading the logs.

Sebastien,

We got your logs and will be reviewing them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users