3 replies to this topic

#1 tsc

tsc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:58 AM

Hello,

we are using the freeware edition for quiet a while now(It worked pretty well so far).

Then I installed netwrix on a different server and now my Netwrix-E-Mail is getting at least 20 Event ID 10028 System Errors every 10 minutes. Since there is no option to exlucde specific Events from Real-time Alerts I tried to get rid of the Error in the omitErrorList.txt but it's not working.

Description of Error: DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer COMPUTER using any of the configured protocols; requested by PID 107c (C:\Program Files (x86)\Netwrix\Netwrix Event Log Manager\EventManager.exe).

Thanks in advance

Tobi

#2 Kirill K

Kirill K

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 10:00 AM

Hi there,

DCOM is used to establish the initial connection to the client machine. If the client machine is offline or blocked by firewall, DCOM automatically logs an error in your server's Event Viewer.

You may ignore the DCOM alerts, create rule in mailbox settings to remove such emails or fix your environment's issue which leads to failed connection.

Best regards,
Forum Engineer

#3 tsc

tsc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 08:53 AM

Hello again,

thanks for the quick response.

The Error is created when the client machine is offline (as you said). Confusingly it wasn't like this on the other host before...

Unfortunately I can't filter the alerts out of my mailbox settings so I tried it with omitErrorsList:

# This file includes event log errors to be excluded from the Event Log Manager reports.
#
# Syntax: Error text
#
# Note: any part of the expression can be * (to exclude any number of any characters).
#
# Example: *Unable to cast object of type*

*DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer*

Still doesn't work...

Best regards

Tobi

#4 Kirill K

Kirill K

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:11 AM

Q: The Error is created when the client machine is offline (as you said). Confusingly it wasn't like this on the other host before...

A: I have suggested one possible case, but there are many more.

http://www.eventid.n...243-phase-1.htm

Please provide the screenshot of your alert settings.

Q:Unfortunately I can't filter the alerts out of my mailbox settings so I tried it with omitErrorsList:

A: Take a look at the description of the omit file:

This file includes event log errors to be excluded from the Event Log Manager reports.

Therefore this file cannot be used for omitting alerts.

Best regards,
Forum Engineer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: email, spam, 10028

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users