• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jjohnston

jjohnston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:10 PM

I am seeing "Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))" error in the Account Lockout examiner console for new Windows Server 2012 R2 domain controllers. I have a dedicated service account that is a member of the domain administrators group as well as local administrators. I've been trying all of the solutions listed on this site for the past 2 weeks trying to get something to give, but I cannot view lockouts on the new domain controllers.

I get this when I am logged in from my Windows 7 workstation as a domain administrator.

When logged into the Windows Server 2012 R2 domain controllers, I can only connect to the local domain controller.

When logged into a Windows Server 2008 or 2003 R2 domain controller I can see all of the 2008 and 2003 domain controllers, but none of the 2012 R2 domain controllers.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Attached Files

#2 dsmirnov

dsmirnov

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:58 PM

Hello jjohnston,

Access denied can be only reported when for some reasons service account get the required data from DC.

Are you able to connect to root\cimv2 WMI namespace of problematic DC from the machine where Netwrix Auditor is installed?

You can try using wbemtest to verify this. Of course needs to be done using the service account.

And it is not clear regarding domain controllers availability for each other. Maybe there are some issue with Domain services? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows Server 2012 R2, Account Lockout Examiner, Access is Denied

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users