• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 turbosquid

turbosquid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

We have 4.1 installed on 2012 R2. By default it uses the PDC which works fine (although a bit slow) We have 178 DC's (2012)and need to add them all to get at lockout resolution faster and more accurate. If I check "all domain Controllers" under settings/managed objects the system grinds away for a bit then erors out with "This request operation sent to net.pip://localhost/alservice/settings did not receive a reply with the configured timeout (00:02:00). The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer time out..... the message goes on to say to consider increasing the operation timeout (by casting the channel/proxy to IContextChannel and setting operation Timeout property... Any ideas on how to get this tool to handle all of our 178 2012 DC's? (also if I just add 1 more dc in addition to the PDC I get this same error)

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

Turbosquid,

Sorry it took me a while to reply. Can you go into the install directory and locate the alservice.log file located within and zip that file and upload it to www.netwrix.com/upload and put Forum:ALETimeout in the subject? Thanks!

-Jeff

#3 turbosquid

turbosquid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:00 PM

file uploaded

#4 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:11 PM

Alright let's try changing the event processing method at the bottom of this KB: https://www.netwrix.com/kb/1547

Let's also set PF_enabled to 0 from the following: https://www.netwrix.com/kb/1531

It looks like the service is unable to handle the amount of traffic that it is receiving at one time. I am hoping that by not having it read existing failed logons and only those moving forward that will help.

-Jeff

#5 turbosquid

turbosquid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:19 PM

suggested changes made, server rebooted and adding all DC's succeeded (the list populated under Monitored Domain Controllers, will let it run for a while and report results.

#6 turbosquid

turbosquid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:31 PM

this was running fine for a while with these suggested changes. Apparently I have the enterprise software installed as the HD portal is saying "license expired" but now the ALE 4.1 app on the server itself is not launching anymore with the error:

This request operation sent to net.pipe://localhost/alservice/alinfo did not receive a reply within the configured timeout (00:02:00). The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. this may be because.... and on and on..

Any ideas?

#7 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

Turbosquid,

The portal is not available in the freeware version. The only reason it is there and says license is expired is because the trial version was installed previously.

In regards to your error we have a KB article for this:
https://www.netwrix.com/kb/1578

-Jeff

#8 turbosquid

turbosquid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

Hi Jeff,

I have the settings in the document re referred already in place and am still having that error when launching the app. Anything else we can try?

Thanks

Derrick

#9 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:40 PM

Derrick,

Can you post some screenshots of all mentioned registry keys from the KB article so I can see if anything sticks out?

-Jeff

#10 turbosquid

turbosquid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:50 PM

Here you go.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users