• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Charles Palmer

Charles Palmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

After added a few new services to my Service Manager that has been working for months without issue, I now get an email 4 times a day (at 37 past the hour of 4 and 10) that has the following error message attached:

Failed to connect to server 'faxsrv01'. Cannot connect to port 135. Check your firewall configuration.

Services on this machine seem to be watched without issue and this server has been on Service Manager for a few months (it was not one of the new servers added). But 4 times a day, I get that error message. I have already verified the firewall settings (both our checkpoint, which is between the two, and the windows firewall). That is not causing the problem. It is just very funny that this is like clockwork on the 37th minutes of the 4 and 10 hours (that is both am and pm).

Charles

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

Charles,

The only logical explanation I can come up with is that something is using port 135 every 6 hours at those exact times since it appears to work every 140 times out of 144 (checks services every 10 minutes). Network analysis tools between the two points can confirm this.

-Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users