• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 zlorimer

zlorimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

I keep receiving Access Denied errors when I am trying to reset a password. I have created a service account for the password management tasks and have followed the Rights settings as defined here: http://www.netwrix.com/kb_n5c2_9XHH

Also, I have my PM setup to email me and the error I get in the Email looks like this:
Account Name: DOMAIN\user
Date: 11/26/2012 2:23:50 PM
Result: Access is denied
Performed by: NT AUTHORITY\IUSR

However, I consistently get Access Denied, unless I make the account a Domain Admin, which I don't want to do. What am I missing here?

Specs:
Netwrix PM v6.1.345.0
Windows Server 2008 R2 (fully up to date)

#2 Tommy Garvin

Tommy Garvin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Hi, zlorimer.

Can you please clarify the situation?
Does the access denied error occur for all users or only for several?

The thing is that less privileged service account is not able to unlock and reset passwords for privileged groups (domain admins, enterprise admins, etc) because of AdminSDHolder mechanism. You can find more information about it here:
http://blogs.technet...and-sdprop.aspx

As a test, can you please create a new regular user which is a member of only Domain Users group and try it?

- Tommy

#3 FlaviaNode

FlaviaNode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

I have been a very satisfied user of AddEmail for several months. The product has been working perfectly until yesterday when I now receive Error 530 Access Denied whenever I try to send an email?

Oops, it turns out an administrator changed my email password, so our code was sending the wrong password to the SMTP Server.

#4 ashfaque

ashfaque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:37 AM

I am also facing same issue please help to understand me actual issue as it was working fine from last couple of months and suddenly getting this issue.

#5 ashfaque

ashfaque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:56 AM

Hi All,

As we are running Netwrix password manger in windows server 2012 and on other windows server 2012 machine we have configured AD(active directory).

Now we are trying to change our password using Netwrix password manager however getting error "Access denied"

It was working fine from couple of months however recently we are facing such an issue access denied while trying to change/reset password for all users.

Please help to solve this issue I will thankful of you.

Thanks,

Ashfaque

#6 andrew.gahlbeck@occompt.co

andrew.gahlbeck@occompt.co

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:24 PM

I have this same problem.. Has there been a solution to this forum post?

Hello,

Account reset performed with NetWrix Password Manager.

Account Name: Domain\User

Date: 4/11/2016 12:04:07 PM

Result: Unlocking account failed: Insufficient RightsAccess is denied Performed by: NT AUTHORITY\IUSR

ClientIP: IP Adress

#7 Tamksfer

Tamksfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:46 AM

I am also facing same issue please help to understand me actual issue as it was working fine from last couple of months and suddenly getting this issue.

You are not the only one , i've had similar problems when recover Windows password ,i think we should try some simple methods,like the Ophcrack, uukeys, iseepassword , because some complicated schemes can lead to mistakes , 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users