Jump to content


Photo

Account Lockout Examiner Evaluation


  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ejenkinstx

ejenkinstx

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Morning!

After several frustrating days of trying to identify the reason a user account is repeatedly being locked on the domain, I have found my way to the NetWrix Account Lockout Examiner software. I've completed all the necessary registrations for the product, followed the email directions to where I am now stuck.

I have cut and pasted the information (as was suggested) but continue to get the "Invalid registration information entered." message time and again. It contains two bullets of suggestions with regards to the Name field, and Code field. Unfortunately, the code field seems to be the problem here. I was given a 'code' with 28 characters and no dashes. The error dialog suggest breaking up the code field into, "5 character groups". Divided equally, the 28 character code provided will leave me with 5 character groups containing 5 characters each... leaving an extra 3 characters. What is the magical formula for the last 3 characters?

Thanks in advance for your feedback/assistance in this matter.

#2 jeffb

jeffb

    Advanced Member

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hello,

The freeware license you are using is correct as displayed and has not changed in some time.

Company Name: NetWrix Account Lockout Examiner Freeware License
License Count: 1000000
License Code: EhEQEhoaEhEQEhoaEhQSERUR

If you enter everything EXACTLY as it is shown it will work. The license code doesn't need to be split up or anything. Common mistakes we see are companies entering their own company name as opposed to the one listed. Also wrong number of zeros in the license count or not putting the complete license code in as displayed. If you copy and paste the above this should work (trailing spaces are common when copying from HTML). If it does not, please send a screenshot of what you are entering and I will be able to determine the reason.

Thanks!

#3 ejenkinstx

ejenkinstx

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hello,

The freeware license you are using is correct as displayed and has not changed in some time.

Company Name: NetWrix Account Lockout Examiner Freeware License
License Count: 1000000
License Code: EhEQEhoaEhEQEhoaEhQSERUR

If you enter everything EXACTLY as it is shown it will work. The license code doesn't need to be split up or anything. Common mistakes we see are companies entering their own company name as opposed to the one listed. Also wrong number of zeros in the license count or not putting the complete license code in as displayed. If you copy and paste the above this should work (trailing spaces are common when copying from HTML). If it does not, please send a screenshot of what you are entering and I will be able to determine the reason.

Thanks!


Thanks for the response, I figured out my issue and was able to successfully register the software.

The "Enter License" input screen only had 3 input fields, two of those matched the information you had posted (and the information sent via email). However, the "License Count:" field did not exist. Instead it was labeled "Number of users:" which confused me as they are asking for different values from my perspective. I am the only user so typing a "1" made sense to me. However, I copied and pasted the value you had provided for License Count into the Number of users and it accepted the registration.

Thanks for your support, we can consider the matter resolved unless anyone feels the need to log a change request to have the field label modified one way or the other so that they match and don't confuse people in the future.

#4 jeffb

jeffb

    Advanced Member

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for the response, I figured out my issue and was able to successfully register the software.

The "Enter License" input screen only had 3 input fields, two of those matched the information you had posted (and the information sent via email). However, the "License Count:" field did not exist. Instead it was labeled "Number of users:" which confused me as they are asking for different values from my perspective. I am the only user so typing a "1" made sense to me. However, I copied and pasted the value you had provided for License Count into the Number of users and it accepted the registration.

Thanks for your support, we can consider the matter resolved unless anyone feels the need to log a change request to have the field label modified one way or the other so that they match and don't confuse people in the future.


Yeah i can see how that can be confusing. Thanks for the feedback. Although it may not get changed for Account Lockout Examiner (as it is freeware) it is possible that this misunderstanding can exist in other products and you make a valid point.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users