• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kyler

kyler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

I am receiving the following error message when trying to Apply the Event Log Manager settings, as soon as I enter the credentials for the service account I get this error message:

http://i.imgur.com/5O2F7Ke.jpg

I have followed the steps provided in other posts to make sure that the service account has full permissions in WMI Settings but we still get the error message.

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:07 PM

Kyler,

From doing some research online it doesn't appear to be permissions related. The issue seems to happen when Windows attempts to store credentials to run a scheduled task into the task itself. It appears as though this has something to do with some kind of cryptographic services running on the computer. If you are try create your own scheduled task and store credentials in it you should get the same error. For example: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/246183 - Note it is for Windows 2000 but the issue is still the same across all OS I would imagine.

-Jeff

#3 kyler

kyler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

Kyler,

From doing some research online it doesn't appear to be permissions related. The issue seems to happen when Windows attempts to store credentials to run a scheduled task into the task itself. It appears as though this has something to do with some kind of cryptographic services running on the computer. If you are try create your own scheduled task and store credentials in it you should get the same error. For example: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/246183 - Note it is for Windows 2000 but the issue is still the same across all OS I would imagine.

-Jeff

Thanks for your quick reply. I had also found the same article and tried the steps suggested but I still get the same error message. I am able to create a scheduled task with stored credentials and it works just fine, so I don't believe the issue is specific to creating a task with stored credentials.

#4 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

Kyler,

Are you able to isolate it to a specific OS or computer by chance?

-Jeff

#5 kyler

kyler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

Kyler,

Are you able to isolate it to a specific OS or computer by chance?

-Jeff

Yes as we have only tried installing it on a test server for right now. It is a Windows 2012 Server 64 bit.

#6 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:24 AM

Kyler,

By asking if you can isolate it to one particular server or OS I am asking if you could try different OS or computers to better understand the issue. The reason I ask is because these freeware products haven't been tested on newer operating systems as they no longer receive product updates. So it is possible that it doesn't work with the OS you are attempting to use.

-Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users