5 replies to this topic

#1 DomS

DomS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:37 AM

Hi guys,

Newbie here and getting a first challenge.

I would like to audit one of our file servers but the error " Cannot establish a connection to a Compression Service" keep registering in the Auditor server. See attached screenshot.

The file server is running on Win2012, is also an AD controller and DFS server (DFS continue to work).

The Auditor server is running on Win2012 R2 and is a member server. 

.Net 4.5 is installed on both servers.

Any ideas?

Dom

Attached Files

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Dom,

Try to do the following on the target FS:

1) Stop "Netwrix Auditor Application Deployment Service"

2) execute as admin: sc delete nwxexesvc

3) remove the content of "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NwxExeSvc"
4) Allow the compression service to re-deploy.

-Jeff

#3 DomS

DomS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:57 AM

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I realised this is the only file server having this issue so I just decided to restart it and funny enough it fixed the problem!

I'll consider your suggestion next time.

Cheers,

Dom

#4 BainsJ

BainsJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

Hi Jeff,

I've followed your instructions however the Netwrix Auditor Application Deployment Service now shows an error stating:

--

Windows could not start the Netwrix Auditor Application Deployment service on Local Computer.

Error 2:The system cannot find the file specified

--

Could you advise what you mean by "allow the compression service to redeploy"? Do you mean run the update again from the Netwrix Auditor console? 

We're on version 9.0. Our file server is 2012R2 but does not share it's VM with AD or other services, like the original poster.

Thanks,

B

#5 Jadentek

Jadentek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

@BainsJ

Please confirm the current build version of Netwrix Auditor (NA) running in the Environment.  example 9.0.1692

The software needs the .net 3.5 framework being that .net 4.5 is not backwards compatible ( and the default for the OS you noted) with this service.

Could you confirmed this is installed on the host?  

Does the account being used to communicate with the Services have local admin rights?

On the file server host in question run the uninstall option via appwiz.cpl  http://i.imgur.com/6yEnRbz.png

If the Netwrix Auditor Application Deployment Service is not removed   via administrator CMD use the sc stop NwxExeSvc   then sc Delete NwxExeSvc  to remove the service. On the next collection it should be reinstalled providing the requirements listed above have been met. 

Thanks Jaden

#6 BainsJ

BainsJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

@Jadentek

Build 1713

We have since removed and allowed the redeploy of the service as suggested. We also changed the number of shares monitored - this server had approximately 12 shares and we've since changed the scope. The error hasn't recurred.

Thanks,

B

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users