2 replies to this topic

#1 MarkDym

MarkDym

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

Hello

I am using the freeware version of Netwrix Auditor. It is used to monitor changes on a couple of our servers. One of these servers is old and only has 7GB of free space on the system drive. I have Windows auditing set up on a shared folder and have configured the System, Application and Security Event Logs to have a 60MB size limit. The log is archived when the limit is reached and I move the archived logs to a file server so that as much free space is available.

I noticed that the free space on the system drive had dropped and discovered the software had reconfigured the log properties. I changed this last week and reset it to 60MB/archive, but discovered that it has changed back.

Is there a way to configure the Auditor to use the existing configuration? Or, to change the way the Auditor collects data. I understand the 4GB limit is so that it does not miss events, but the hard limit is not suitable to all servers.

Any help please?

Thanks.

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

Hello,

You can turn off automatic audit configuration as seen here:

http://prntscr.com/fwrek4

-Jeff

#3 MarkDym

MarkDym

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

Thank you. I should have RTFM. I found the settings required under 4.1.2.2 in the configuration guide.

Apologies for wasting your time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users