• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jsereda

jsereda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

I am a current user of Netwrix password manager and am looking to migrate my setup to a new server.  Fairly straight forward task.  

I've installed the application on the new server and can browse to the PM directory as well as the PM/Helpdesk Directory.

However when I browse to the PM/Admin directory I get the following error.  

Page default.asp. Error: Cannot create ALService Instatnce.

Error Description Error Code Permission denied -2146828218 

All user accounts are the same as what we have running on the old server, I just can't get this to work on the new server.  

I'd be grateful for any help.  

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

Hello,

The following KB Article should help!  https://www.netwrix.com/kb/1510

-Jeff

#3 jsereda

jsereda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

Thank you for the follow up, unfortunately I've already gone through that KB article.  

I am logging in with the same Domain Admin Account that is used to access the currently running instance of Password Manager on my old server.  

I have verified the Virtual Directory security and only Windows Authentication is enabled.  

However, the very first step on this KB's resolution is unable to be completed since I can't open the Admin Portal.  

1.Adjust product security roles. Go to the Administrative portal - Roles and make sure that the account or corresponding security group is granted the corresppnding role.

#4 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Hello,

While the account may be a domain administrator this may not matter especially if UAC is the root cause.  I would recommend logging into the PRM server as the default local administrator account to access the admin portal to check the first step.  If the local administrator account is disabled then explicitly give the logged in account local admin (even if it has it as part of a security group).

-Jeff

#5 jsereda

jsereda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for the update again.  I've tried that as well and still had the same permission error.  As a last ditch effort and since the product hasn't yet been full configured I performed a full uninstall and reinstall.  Success.  

I am unsure as to why the error message began and wish I could have found the root cause and actually fixed it but I am happy to just have it running.  I'll complete some testing to verify that everything works properly and if the issue appears again I will update.  Thanks.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users