• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SuperIT

SuperIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

I have installed the freeware version of Password Manager. It works properly from inside my network; however, I get an 'Error 102 Connection Refused by Server' message when I try to browse to it from outside the network.

- I have verified that the port I chose is open in the firewall.
- I know that my request is reaching the server because I have a redirect setup to force SSL and allow for an easier to type address, and the redirect works.
- I have disabled anonymous authentication in IIS, enabled Windows Authentication, and I have tried specifying path credentials to the virtual directory inside IIS.
- I tried forcing Basic Authentication, from inside the network I got a pop-up asking for username and password as I expected, but from outside the network... nothing, just the same error message.

Does anyone have any thoughts on further steps to troubleshoot this? Better yet, has anyone seen this issue and already fixed it?

Thanks

#2 Tommy Garvin

Tommy Garvin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hi SuperIT, Welcome to the NetWrix forums!

This is actually not a Password Manager issue.
Usually "Error 102 Connection Refused by Server" appears when there is not valid proxy server set up in the system.
Is this issue replicated in all browsers (check at least Chrome, IE, Firefox)?

Additional troubleshooting steps:
Try to open the default Web Site (on the machine where Password Manager is installed) from outside the network
If it doesn't load, try to disable SSL and redirect and try to connect?

- Tommy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users