• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JChron

JChron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

I have the free version of PEN installed and all setup. The only thing I need to do now is configure specific user accounts to recieve the password expiration message. I do not, at this time, want it to go to the entire company, just about 20 or susers that do not interactively login.

I do not mind putting them all in to the filter by account field i just need to know what delimiter to use in order to seperate the entries.

I have tried domain\userid;domain\userid and i have tried domain\userid*domain\userid and neither has worked. Since the example only shows one account and the administrators guide does not explain further, except how to use wildcards for similar accounts, I came here to ask the question since i wanted specific accounts for the notification to go to.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

#2 JChron

JChron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

I have the free version of PEN installed and all setup. The only thing I need to do now is configure specific user accounts to recieve the password expiration message. I do not, at this time, want it to go to the entire company, just about 20 or susers that do not interactively login.

I do not mind putting them all in to the filter by account field i just need to know what delimiter to use in order to seperate the entries.

I have tried domain\userid;domain\userid and i have tried domain\userid*domain\userid and neither has worked. Since the example only shows one account and the administrators guide does not explain further, except how to use wildcards for similar accounts, I came here to ask the question since i wanted specific accounts for the notification to go to.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

#3 JChron

JChron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Ok, I figured it out. The syntax entries go like this, domain name\*userid*, domain name\*userid*, domain name\*userid* with the last entry having a "*" after it. Since I only have one domain I used *\*userid*, *\*userid* , but i believe actually putting the domain name in there will work as well.

Hope this helps anyone else that is looking to target specific users with the free version.

Thanks,

JC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users