Photo

Is it possible to change Email notifier template ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DonVito

DonVito

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

I use the freeware version of password Notifier. My users receive a message:
-------------------------------------------------
Hi "Name",

Your password for account "UserName" expires in 13 day(s). Please change the password as soon as possible to prevent further logon problems.

Click the following link to change your password now: Enterprise edition only.

NOTE: You will be able to change your password after you have received a password expiration notification, only if you are using the Enterprise edition of NetWrix Password Expiration Notifier along with NetWrix Password Manager, which is free of charge for up to 50 users. The Password Expiration Notifier installed separately without the Password Manager doesn’t allow you to change passwords.

Thank you!

----------------
This is an automatically generated message from NetWrix Password Expiration Notifier.
-----------------------------------------------

I have changed all templates but users still receive this text. Is it because of freewere version or I am doing sth wrong?

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

I use the freeware version of password Notifier. My users receive a message:
-------------------------------------------------
Hi "Name",

Your password for account "UserName" expires in 13 day(s). Please change the password as soon as possible to prevent further logon problems.

NOTE: You will be able to change your password after you have received a password expiration notification, only if you are using the Enterprise edition of NetWrix Password Expiration Notifier along with NetWrix Password Manager, which is free of charge for up to 50 users. The Password Expiration Notifier installed separately without the Password Manager doesn’t allow you to change passwords.

Thank you!

----------------
This is an automatically generated message from NetWrix Password Expiration Notifier.
-----------------------------------------------

I have changed all templates but users still receive this text. Is it because of freewere version or I am doing sth wrong?

DonVito,

This is a limitation of the freeware version and that is why you are not able to modify the template successfully.

#3 maaarcooose

maaarcooose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

I've just run into this problem as well.

This message makes the free version of the program useless.

What is the point in having a link in the email telling the recipient where to change their password when that is not the right place? The link takes them to the free/enterprise comparison page on your website.
This is stupid.
We all know end users will just click on that link.

Just a stupid thing to do.

#4 maaarcooose

maaarcooose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

And just to make it even more incorrect, the page that displays the sample email shows something that is not what the end user gets:
Pass Word Reminder

Actual email
Sent: 06 October 2013 05:00
To: ###########
Subject: Important: Password Expiration Notification

Hi Stuart,

Your password for account "####" expires in 21 day(s). Please change the password as soon as possible to prevent further logon problems.

Thank you!

----------------

...and the link to click on goes to the netwrix website.

#5 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Thanks to this feedback it has been put on the freeware roadmap to remove this particular language from the emails that get sent out. It is possible that this could be done even before end of year.

-Jeff

#6 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

This has been addressed and the new freeware build is on our site.

-Jeff

#7 tedbass

tedbass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:53 PM

Sorry to dredge this year-old thread up. First of all thanks for the new format of the email. Much less confusing for end users. However, I also have installed the Netwrix Password Manager and I need to be able to tell those whose password is expiring how to change their password. Is there not a way to add a link to my password manager install so they can do just that?

#8 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:08 AM

Tedbass,

I assume you are talking about adding a link to the Password Expiration Notifier templates which you can do in the paid version (it is just HTML) however the free versions don't have the option to modify the templates.

-Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users