7 replies to this topic

#1 hpham

hpham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Hello:

After installed freeware version on Win2K8 DC server and when I clicked Verify I go this error:(use local admin to installed)

"Unable to send test message to the specified address. Please make sure that the address entered in correct or verify you SMTP settings"

I did confirmed the setting is corrected

And when I went to this link and have no ideas where to put the ip either on Exchange server or something

http://social.techne...e-not-available

Solved: Added my server IP Address to the field "Receive mail from remote server that have this IP Address"

I also attached the trace log so you can look at it.

Thanks for your help

-HP

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

hpham,

How do you know that the issue is this:
"Send-MailMessage returns The server response was: 4.3.2 Service not available"

This is not in the trace logs or in the message that comes up when you hit "test" so I just wanted to clarify where you were getting this from?

Also can you please explain how you know for sure the SMTP settings are correct? If your server does not require authentication and does or doesn't require SSL where in Exchange are these required/not required? If you don't set credentials then anonymous authentication will be used. If the exchange server specified does not accept anonymous authentication requests then the request will be rejected. Also I assume you have also tried more than one email address as a test and that the email address is actually a real email address. Of course this would prevent the email from being sent as well. What I am getting at is if the SMTP settings are indeed correct then we would be able to send the mail so something is not correct as there are no known bugs with this functionality and it is currently being used by many customers.

#3 hpham

hpham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Thanks for you reply.

I just tested again and I got the same error. Can you tell me where did you see that error at?

And for the PEN this must install on DC server? not exchange.

Since you mention about smtp setting you are saying that I must check our exchange server to see if it require ssl or not? With that said, could you please send me the instruction on how to configure smtp as I can't find on your web site.

Thanks again

#4 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

hpham,

You sent that error to me in a technet article. I did not find it anywhere i was asking you where you found it. :)

As for where you install the product that is up to you. It is not required to be installed on any specific server.

As for instructions on how to configure SMTP you configure it as your exchange server requires it to be configured. Specify the correct exchange server in FQDN format. If authentication is required specify valid credentials. IF SSL is required then check the box to use SSL. Also you must choose the proper port. All of these things are set based on your Exchange environment and that is why they are modifiable fields.

#5 hpham

hpham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

Regard ssl check box I do not see that in the Netwrix PEN window can you tell me where I can go and confirm that?

Also is there a way I can upload the trace log so you can look at it to see why I can't Verify?

#6 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

hpham,

My apologies the freeware version does not support the SSL option. I already looked at the trace logs and there is no information in regards to this. If your Exchange server requires SSL then you will not be able to use the freeware version of this product as this feature is not built in.

#7 hpham

hpham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

OK that is make sense now :)

Could you send me a link on the price for the one that support ssl feature?

#8 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

hpham,

I am not in sales but if you go to the product page by hovering over Products at www.netwrix.com you can click the Request a Quote button and a sales contact will be in touch.

-Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users