2 replies to this topic

#1 Mako

Mako

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Hello Everyone.

I just installed the free version on our single AD domain. When I run a manual report that says tell me what passwords are expiring based on our AD policy of 14 days, the report looks good and it had about 20 people in it. But then I setup a schedule to send the email to those that have passwords expiring on 9 days or less, just as a test so it would include less people, the program sent an email to everyone in our domain and said that the rest of the users had a password that was expiring in zero days. So every user got an email.

Thanks in advance! I like the software and I'll end up purchasing the full version so that I can customize the email, but I want to make sure the right people will be getting the emails.

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

Mako,

I have never seen this happen which makes me think it is some bug in the freeware version. Since we don't ever troubleshoot this version this is plausible. If your end goal is to possibly purchase why not download the free trial instead that way it is the same build as what you would purchase?

-Jeff

#3 Mako

Mako

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

HI Jeff.

I checked the box to exclude people who have already had their password expire, and that seems to get it to play nice. I only had 12-15 people get the email and they all had passwords that were going to expire soon. So I think we are where we need to be.

Thanks for the input! If the price is right, we will definitely go with the software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users