6 replies to this topic

#1 wrx7m

wrx7m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:13 PM

Hi,

I just installed the password expiration notifier and verified the e-mail is working properly. When the scheduled task is run, it even sends me, the admin, an e-mail with 3 accounts that are expiring. The problem is that none of those 3 users are getting the messages.

I checked the pen.txt file and found that there is an error every time the task is run.

pen.exe Error: 0 : [TID: 1, Time: 12/17/2014 11:50:25 AM] no registry key [NotifyManagerOnlyAboutAccounts]

That is the only error I see. I verified that the notify manager option is not checked. I even tried a repair of the installation from program features. Is there something I should try?

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:19 AM

Hello,

Can you attach a screenshot of the settings you are using and a list of the 3 users with when their passwords expire?

Thanks!
-Jeff

#3 wrx7m

wrx7m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

For some reason none of the toolbar buttons in the post editor for formatting and link inserting allow me to click on them. When I do, nothing happens. Tried 2 browsers.

#4 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:50 AM

Yeah that is interesting I am actually having the same issue however yesterday I responded to a post which had an image in it. I will have our webteam look into it. In the meantime you can just submit the images to www.netwrix.com/upload and put the subject of the forum post in the Subject when doing the submission and I will see it come through.

-Jeff

#5 wrx7m

wrx7m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

Thanks, Jeff. I have uploaded the screenshot with the same subject as this post. I have 2 users that expire in 7 days and 1 user in 9 days.

#6 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:42 PM

I got it thanks! From your screenshot you don't have the box checked to notify users when their passwords are expiring. You have the box checked for notifying them on Account expiration which is a bit different. :)

By the way you can now use the controls when posting. Apparently it broke yesterday but is fixed now.

-Jeff

#7 wrx7m

wrx7m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

I got it thanks! From your screenshot you don't have the box checked to notify users when their passwords are expiring. You have the box checked for notifying them on Account expiration which is a bit different. :)

By the way you can now use the controls when posting. Apparently it broke yesterday but is fixed now.

-Jeff

LOL. I feel dumb. I kept seeing account and it didn't dawn on me that it wasn't the same as password. :( Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users