4 replies to this topic

#1 JJClements

JJClements

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to disable the sending of emails of 'Summary Reports' for Group Policy Change Reporter and Active Directory Change Reporter when they report that no changes were detected? We don't need to really be made aware of the fact that no changes were detected, although we do wish to be notified when there have been changes.

Thanks

#2 JJClements

JJClements

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

3 days and no reply!?

Well for anyone else with the same question I contacted sales and apparently it isnt possible to disable the emailing out of pointless blank reports where there has been no change made to either AD or any GPO's.

:'(

#3 Tommy Garvin

Tommy Garvin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hello JJClements, Welcome to the NetWrix Forums!

Sorry for delay.

You're correct, the daily summary reports are currently delivered regardless if there have been changes made. This functionality reassures you that the product is configured and working properly.

If you would like to avoid these daily summary reports then I can suggest the following:
1. Remove all email recipients for the daily summary reports;
2. Configure SRS Advanced Reports;
3. Configure subscriptions for the "All Active Directory Changes" and "All Group Policy Changes" reports to run on a daily schedule. SRS Advanced Reports Subscriptions have the option to 'Send only non-empty reports'.

For more information on the "Subscriptions" feature, please refer to "3.6 Subscribing to the Advanced Reports" in the admin guide:
http://www.netwrix.c...rator_Guide.pdf

Note:
1. SRS Advanced Reports are only available in full versions of the product.
2. If you have any questions regarding the full version you can submit ticket on our website: http://www.netwrix.c...ort_ticket.html and we will answer to you in next 24 hours.

- Tommy

#4 JJClements

JJClements

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

Hey Tommy, thanks for the reply!

"This functionality reassures you that the product is configured and working properly." - I actually laughed at that!!!!

Surely if you want to check that the product is configured and working properly you would use a 3rd party monitoring application to check config files/registry/services/processes/mail queues - depending on how critical you deem the Netwrix auditing software to be in your organisation? It's really inconvenient to receive more mail that essentially contains non existent information that I don't wish to see to be honest with you.

As mentioned, I spoke to a sales person at Netwrix and he spoke with the development team. Apparently this feature will be implemented and released within the next week or so! Hows that for service!?

I'm pretty happy with the reply, I cant ask for much more than that!

James

#5 matt1234

matt1234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

"This functionality reassures you that the product is configured and working properly." I actually like this idea however since we have a fairly small number of users (350), I would rather have one summary report for all changes instead of 6 emails saying "no changes have been detected".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users