5 replies to this topic

#1 Milena M.

Milena M.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Hello all!

Recently I started to experience some problems with ADCR, and I hope someone will be able to help me. I have AD environment with 10+ domain controllers, and I have problem with only one of them.

The thing is that when ever ADCR agent starts on problematic DC, it generates very large .adevt file which grows until it uses all available disk space, and then process breaks and I receive error:

The following error occured: Failed to process DC: DC-NAME.domain.com. The error is: Data collection completed with fatal error. Error details: The process terminated unexpectedly.

I can't determine what cause this issue, because there were no changes on DCs at that time.

Thanks in advanced!
Milena

#2 Tommy Garvin

Tommy Garvin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Hi Milena,

Please re-install the agent on your problematic DC by performing the following:
1. Log onto the DC
1. Go to Start | Run and type "cmd".
2. Type "cd %windir%\ADCR_agent" and press Enter
3. Type "sc delete adcrsvc" and press Enter
4. After the unregistration procedure finishes, type "del *.*" press Enter and confirm deletion.

The agent will be installed again during the next data collection.

- Tommy

#3 Milena M.

Milena M.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hi Tommy!

Thanks for the reply. But unfortunately, it didn't work. I reinstalled agent as you suggested, and I still have the same problem - when agent starts it creates DCname.domain.com_last.adevt file which grows until it uses all available disk space.

Another thing, there was some file named 324638171.old in C:\WINDOWS\ADCR_Agent folder which I couldn't delete because it was locked by WMI process. I had to restart WMI process to delete it.

What do you suggest to do next?

BR,
Milena

P.S. Merry Christmas :)

#4 Milena M.

Milena M.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Hey guys!
Does anybody have idea how to solve this?

#5 Milena M.

Milena M.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Am I realy the only one with this problem?

#6 Milena M.

Milena M.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

I have an update on this issue....

Problem was resolved after I released more disk space on problematic DC. It seems that agent was supposed to do something, but didn’t have enough space to do it. After I deleted some files and released some space, agent finished whatever it started, and now it is working fine. As far as I can see, .adevt file is not generated anymore…

I would still like to know why this happened, so if anybody has any idea, please share it with me….

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users