• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 turbosquid

turbosquid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

I thought this was freeware... but the ALE helpdesk web page is saying license expired..

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

turbosquid,

There are two versions of the software. The freeware version is free and does not require a license. However if you download the Enterprise version you are running on a free trial. Once that expires if you do not purchase you are reduced to freeware functionality only. The helpdesk portal is not available in the freeware version.

-Jeff

#3 BAltman

BAltman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:23 PM

Hello,

We are having the same problem.  We've used ALE for over 3 years and really appreciate it.  Just had to migrate to a new server and have re-download the free version.  However now we have gotten the License Expired warning twice.  When it expires it stops working and doesn't send email alerts and we can't open the console, it just says the license expired.  We've reinstalled and 2 weeks later have had the same issue.  It is definitely the free version that was installed because the zip file is called "Account_Lockout_Examiner_Free.zip"  I called into support and was told to come here for support on the free version but was directed to this kb to try: https://www.netwrix.com/kb/1048

This has enabled the product to start working again but I noticed that a users.dat file has been recreated.  Will it stop working again in a couple weeks?

Thanks,

Brian

#4 davidjren

davidjren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:47 AM

What's version do you using ?

#5 BAltman

BAltman

• Members