2 replies to this topic

#1 edorin

edorin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:25 AM

Hey there!

So I'm trying out this tool, have it installed on a server 2008 R2 virtual server (not DC)

I get the email report telling me that "Data collection completed with errors".

The Netwrix Auditor System Health Windows event log tells me that it "failed to collect the Administrator audit log."

So my question is: What is required on the DC to retrieve this log?

(also, it seems to detect every DC in the company forest, but of course it's not getting access to those, as per network design. Any way of setting exclusions on forests to which the tool do NOT touch, to get rid of all the error events and error reports?)

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:01 PM

Edorin,

It sounds like you are talking about Netwrix Auditor for Active Directory.  Are you on a trial or do you have paid support?  If so you are welcome to visit our Customer Portal to create a case or give us a call.  If you are talking about one of our freeware products can you please give the product name as this doesn't sound like Inactive User Tracking so just want to be sure.  Thanks!

-Jeff

#3 edorin

edorin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:34 AM

If I'm on the wrong forum, feel free to move my post to the correct forum. (I always post stuff in the wrong forums, only because I seek the subforum name closest to my actual problem, and my problem is what I described in my original post.

Now that THAT's out of the way, is there are FREEWARE inactive users reporting tool available?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users