• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NovumLVIT

NovumLVIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 01:05 AM

New to the free Password Expiration Notifier but I'm stumped over its behavior.   The program sends the administrative report just fine, listing a number of users who accounts are expiring soon.  However, none of the users are getting notified.

I see in other posts that most email-related issues are due to faulty SMTP settings.  If I weren't getting the admin reports right on time and every time I run the scheduled task, that's where I would be looking, too.  However, getting the admin reports by email but not user notices by email (my account is on the report) seems like a different issue.. 

Does this behavior ring a bell with anyone?

Thank you.

PS: The site would not  let me upload pen.log but would allow pen.log.txt. 

Attached Files

#2 Mikey_Ryabukhin

Mikey_Ryabukhin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

Hello NovumLVIT,

Thank you for your question.

I tried to replicate this behavior with the settings in the logs and notifications were successfully delivered to the end-users.

Could you please check SMTP logs on your SMTP server to see if any messages has been sent to the users from PasswordAlert@novumprs.com? Or if there any notifications in end-users’ junk folders?

If no messages are found in the SMTP logs, could you enable debug logging? Once it is enabled, please re-run data collection and provide us with extended logs.

To enable debug logging, please doe the following:

1. On the machine running Password Experation Notifier, go to registry
  2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHNIE > SOFTWARE >Wow6432Node > Netwrix Auditor > Password Expiration Notifier
  3. There, locate “TraceLevel” entry and double-click it.
  4. Set “Value data”  to 10 with Decimal as a “Base”

Looking forward to your reply.

Netwrix Technical Support.

#3 NovumLVIT

NovumLVIT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:11 AM

Thank you for taking the time to help me.  Unfortunately, I wasted it, for which I apologize.

Read too fast, comprehend too little.  I was mixing expiring passwords and expiring accounts.  Once I actually looked at all the words on both options, the program worked as it's supposed to.

Thank you, again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users