Disk Space Monitor
Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:31 AM
Failed to connect to server or shared folder '"machine-name "'. The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
Connectivity, DNS resolution all looks fine.
I have no internal firewalls, running the product on Windows 7 PC on same subnet as servers which are a mix of Win2003 & Win2008.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:26 PM
Things you can check/try:
1) Remote Registry Service running on target machine
2) Remote Service Control Manager running on remote machine
3) Enable the following exception: "Allow Remote Administration Exception" and "Allow File and Printer Sharing Exception" in Windows Firewall. I know you said you have no internal firewalls but rarely are they actually disabled in Windows.
4) TCPIP Netbios Helper Service running on target machine
5) Remote Procedure Call Service is running on target machine
6) Windows Management Instrumentation Service running on target machine
7) Try Netbios name, IP Address and FQDN when adding the servers
8) Is it intermittent or always happens for the same exact servers each time?
9) If not intermittent, log onto the server Disk Space Monitor is installed on with the account specified to run it and open Event Viewer and try to connect to another computer using the same name specified in the product and see if you can read security event logs.
Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:15 PM
Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:21 PM
What product are you referencing? This is the Disk Space Monitor Forum which is not a web application.