4 replies to this topic

#1 antjohansen

antjohansen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hi

I am trialling the NetWrix File Server Change Reporter Enterprise for monitoring of our NetApp Appliances and their CIFS Shares.

I have configured the netapp and NetWrix software as per the NetWrix_File_Server_Change_Reporter_Configure_NetApp_Technical_Article.pdf

When I do the initial Sync to get the initial snapshot - this works fine. I then test that the system is working by running the scheduled task through the enterprise console again after several changes have been made on the CIFS share.

The task will run and run for hours and an error is shown in the Session Information only a few minutes after the job started - the details of the error are: none. I need to manually stop the task from running.

The event log file is created on the NetApp with the correct date stamp, the old initial event log with time stamp from the initial snapshot is also still there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Anthony

#2 Tommy Garvin

Tommy Garvin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hi Anthony, welcome to the NetWrix Forums!

Please allow us to review your log files for any informaiton related to this issue. Send us a copy of the Tracing folder from File Server Change Reporter's installation directory for further review. Please zip the entire folder and upload it at http://www.netwrix.com/upload . Place the following in the subject line: Forum1424TG

- Tommy

#3 antjohansen

antjohansen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hi Tommy,

After a reload of the software and reconfiguration it all seems to have worked a treat. Everything is working as I would expect. Thanks for the follow up though!

#4 antjohansen

antjohansen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Strike that - it still happens.

If I run the job manually and often no problem, it just seems if the evt files generated on the netapp are relatively large (170 - 800MB - even though the netapp cifs audit filesize setting is 300MB) then it crashes.

I will upload the files as requested.

Thanks!

#5 Tommy Garvin

Tommy Garvin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

Anthony,

Please increase the frequency of your data collections. This can be done from Windows Task Scheduler on the machine where File Server Change Reporter is installed. Open the Task for FSCR and configure the trigger for 4 times a day (every 6 hours).

Also, please set AutoSaveFileLimit on NetApp to 0

- Tommy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users