• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DeGauss

DeGauss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

I have installed the Freeware version Password Expiration Notice on our 2011 Windows SBS. I will generate reports for the domain but it will not e-mail them. Under the SMTP settings when you click the "verify" button I get a pop-up that says "Unable to send test message to the specified address. Please make sure that the address entered in correct or verify you SMTP settings"

I have checked both and they are correct. Users also are not receiving the notices.

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

I have installed the Freeware version Password Expiration Notice on our 2011 Windows SBS. I will generate reports for the domain but it will not e-mail them. Under the SMTP settings when you click the "verify" button I get a pop-up that says "Unable to send test message to the specified address. Please make sure that the address entered in correct or verify you SMTP settings"

I have checked both and they are correct. Users also are not receiving the notices.

DeGauss,

Most likely the actual reason it fails to send when it runs will be in the trace logs. You can find the trace logs in the product install directory. Please upload the contents of the trace folder to www.netwrix.com/upload and put ForumSMTPVerify_JB and also please include a screenshot of your SMTP settings.

Thanks,
Jeffb

#3 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

DeGauss,

I got your logs. The error reported in the following forum thread was the same as what your Exchange server was sending back to us when we attempted to send mail. This may help you.

http://social.techne...e-not-available

#4 DeGauss

DeGauss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Followed the suggestion in the link. The verify button works now, we will see if users start getting e-mails. Thanks for the help.

#5 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Followed the suggestion in the link. The verify button works now, we will see if users start getting e-mails. Thanks for the help.

No problem! If you don't want to wait for it to run on its own you can go into Windows Task Scheduler and run the scheduled task for Password Expiration Notifier and be able to verify more quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users