2 replies to this topic

#1 sheckyd

sheckyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:04 PM

Hi,

Installed Change Notifier for AD. I received the original email stating "Initial analysis for domain *** completed successfully.

Then, I go to the AD and change my user object (just modify my middle name as an example). Go back to server, manually run the scheduled task: Netwrix Management Console - Active Directory Change Reporter, and I don't receive any emails. I would expect an email showing the change to my middle name.

So, then, I go run the tool: Advanced Tools -> Change Viewer, and the resulting HTML does show the change. So, I feel like something with the scheduled task is not working properly?

I'm following the guide here: https://www.netwrix....Start_Guide.pdf

Let me know if I'm missing something.

Also, the document says the scheduled task will run once per day, but when I am looking at my scheduled task, it says it runs once per hour.

Thanks,

Sean

#2 Mikewrix

Mikewrix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:46 AM

Hi Sheckyd,

I'd give it a day (24 hours) and see if it send you a report. I believe this product only reports once a day.

If you don't see an email in 24 hours, please let me know.

Thanks!

-Mikewrix

#3 sheckyd

sheckyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:15 PM

Thank you Mike. Yes, since I installed, I have been receiving the report daily. This is fine and exactly what I expected based on the overall product description.

I was just curious, the link I provided above shows the Quick Start Guide. If you look at Section 5, it shows how you can "Launch the Product Task Manually". Which leads me to believe I can run the daily report more than once daily. But maybe there is logic built in to the tool to prevent it from gathering results more than once per 24 hour period?

Anyway, I'm up and running now with the daily reports so we're happy.

Thanks,

Sean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users