• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nucleox

nucleox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:43 PM

I'm testing a new application and I'd like to know what objects (Users specially) and attributes are updated in AD when some feature of this tool is executed. Is netwrix useful for this end? 

If so, it should installed on the Domain Controller server (windows 2012 R2) or can be installed on a client machine (w10). 

thanks, 

#2 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:07 PM

nucleox,

It is not recommended to install any applications on a domain controller however you can install on any Server OS that is at least 2008R2 and any client OS that is at least Windows 8.  In regards to the initial question can you be more specific?  This tool is for tracking changes and does not modify or update any user attributes in AD by simply running.  It just checks for an reports on changes.

-Jeff

#3 nucleox

nucleox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:56 PM

nucleox,

It is not recommended to install any applications on a domain controller however you can install on any Server OS that is at least 2008R2 and any client OS that is at least Windows 8.  In regards to the initial question can you be more specific?  This tool is for tracking changes and does not modify or update any user attributes in AD by simply running.  It just checks for an reports on changes.

-Jeff

Jeff, 

I need to track any change in AD when a third party tool is executed, for example, the list of attributes updated for a specific object. 

thanks,

nucleox.

#4 jeffb

jeffb

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:23 PM

Nucleox,

The tool tracks changes made to AD objects so it sounds like it will work for your purpose.  Try it out!

-Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users