• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 StevenBrant

StevenBrant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:49 PM

We recently applied a role up patch to our Exchange environment and we've now lost the ability to unlock accounts with Netwrix ALE remote control.  We are on Exchange 2010 SP3 roll up 11.  According to the ALEService.log it sees Exchange and connects to it.  It fails now with the the following response below: 

ALEService.exe Warning: 0 : [TID: 18, Time: 2/4/2016 8:13:05 AM] REMOTE CONTROL: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with an empty response.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at ESB2010.ExchangeServiceBinding.FindFolder(FindFolderType FindFolder1)
   at ALService.RemoteControl.Listeners.MSExchange.ExchSoap10MailBox.get_Folders()
   at ALService.RemoteControl.Listeners.ExchangeServerListener.GetMessages(RemoteControlSettings settings)
   at ALService.RemoteControl.Listeners.DefaultMessageListener`1.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
ALEService.exe Information: 0 : [TID: 18, Time: 2/4/2016 8:13:05 AM] REMOTE CONTROL: Listener will be restarted after 00:01:00 minutes

I've verified that the service account has full control rights to the mailbox and ownership rights of it.

#2 dsmirnov

dsmirnov

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:09 PM

StevenBrant,

Make sure you are running latest version, which should be 4.1.417

#3 StevenBrant

StevenBrant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

I just checked and I'm currently running version 4.1.417.

#4 dsmirnov

dsmirnov

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:58 PM

The error message doesn`t look like an actual reply of Exchange. I have seen such errors when actually the server was unreachable.

Were there any changes done to firewalls or some access list that can block ports?

BTW, which version roll up version did you upgraded from?

Also please post a bigger part of logs, or event send the whole log.
I am in particular interested in what happens before this exception appears.

#5 StevenBrant

StevenBrant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:52 PM

I finally got it working.  Turns out that Netwrix ALE was not getting past my hardware load balancer for Exchange.  I created a local host file on the server to points directly to an Exchange server rather than the load balancer.  After that, ALE started working where I can remote unlock users again.

#6 dsmirnov

dsmirnov

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:17 PM

Glad to hear it works now.

Thanks for sharing the information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users