2 replies to this topic

#1 ceez

ceez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hello,

I have the freeware version and currently testing it on a test workstation station server 2003 enterprise R2. Account being used is my domain Administrator account. It works great on my root domain but not with my child domains (3 child domains).

I have added my child domains under managed domains and checked that the Everyonegroup listed under the Self-Service Access under Roles.

One thing I cant do is add my child domains in the following format child1.domain.net, instead I just have to add child1, child2, child3 along with my domain - dont know if it makes a difference If I try do add the fqdn I get the following:

---------------------------
Message from webpage
The specified domain name is not in NETBIOS format. NetBIOS names consist of up to 15 bytes of OEM characters including letters, digits, hyphens and periods.
OK

and if I try to add the user (for example a child1 user) I get the following when trying to enroll them via the web portal:

Can't resolve username "child1\testuser" (Error: 1332 - No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.).

#2 ceez

ceez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

anyone???

I really would like to test this across my child domain users as well.

#3 ceez

ceez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

thanks for reply but I figured it out

For anyone else trying to figure this out, go to your admin page and add your domains.

then go to Roles - and under Administrators Role Members enter the administrative account for each domain separated by a semicolun

It had by default BUILTIN\Administrators. I then added my 3 child domains so it looks like this

BUILTIN\Administrators;CHILD1\Administrator;CHILD2\Administrator;CHILD3\Administrator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, guests, anonymous users